The Ebony Canal film has arrived, and Pittsburgh is proud of the execution and storytelling that took place to commend Black women and their maternity stories.

Emmai Alaquiva, "Still in awe PITTSBURGH; the film screening was a sold-out success! This incredible achievement would not have been possible without the support of The Richard King Mellon Foundation, the partnership of the @augustwilsonculturalcenter, my team at Ya Momz House, Inc., Fantasy Zellers, Perry Media team including Nice2Media Marketing, Heather Hopson and so many more!."

"Everything was perfect. Every detail brought this moment into a movement. I am so grateful for God turning my pain into purpose giving beauty for ashes. I'm so grateful for Emmai Alaquiva using his God given gift to web this project together. Thank you for providing a safe space for me to share such a delicate part of me. Thank you for allowing me to be in the room with the other mothers to make them up for such a impactful documentary. Thank you for honoring my son, your nephew Zuri Elijah. You seen the crisis that exists and decided to do something about it and now a movement has come out of it. I am in awe of how God does what He does," Larissa Lane.

Larissa was one of the four women featured in the film.

This film stars Mariah Peoples, Larissa Lane, Alana Yzola-Daly and Rachel Strader, among other Black and Brown women that share their journeys.

This content has been submitted by authors outside of this publisher and is not its editorial product. It could contain opinions, facts, and points of view that have not been reviewed or accepted by the publisher.