The Lindsay Theater and Cultural Center has selected Josh Axelrod, former Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reporter, as its new Director of Communications and Media Relations for the nonprofit organization.

An award-winning journalist who spent most of the last five years covering sports, movies, TV, local media, theater and more for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Axelrod is a Rotten Tomatoes-certified critic. He has covered a slew of locally made films and interviewed Pittsburgh-connected celebrities such as Michael Keaton, Jeff Goldblum, Billy Porter, Joe Manganiello, Rob Marshall, Antoine Fuqua, Billy Gardell, Gillian Jacob and Maddie Ziegler.

After earning a bachelor's degree in journalism from the University of Maryland in 2014, Axelrod continued with a master's degree in Media & Strategic Communication from George Washington University in 2019. This time spent in metro Washington, D.C. led to bylines everywhere from NBC Washington to the Washington Examiner and Military Times.

"I moved back home in 2019 to further my journalism career at a newspaper that has been so important to my family and me for the last 50-plus years," Axelrod says.

Instrumental in launching the Post-Gazette's Goodness section, Josh's work helped it earn a special "reader initiative award" at the Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association's 2022 Keystone Media Awards. That year, his arts and culture criticism portfolio was recognized by the Society for Features Journalism, whose judges noted that his "reviews are entertaining and smartly connect the material back to local readers." In 2023, he received a Golden Quill award from the Press Club of Western Pennsylvania for excellence in written arts/entertainment journalism.

"Five years after joining the Post-Gazette, I'm ready for a new adventure," Axelrod shares. "I couldn't have asked for a better first foray into the world of communications than The Lindsay!"

Axelrod came to know The Lindsay through his many Post-Gazette features, ranging from the Theater's name change to the Barbenheimer phenomenon and Unsinkable.

"It seemed like every other local filmmaker who was screening their latest movie was doing so at The Lindsay," Axelrod recalls. "This Theater clearly has a sterling reputation in our region and among Pittsburgh's thriving film scene. I can't wait to let everyone know about all the awesome events and programs The Lindsay has in store for them!"

The Lindsay Theater and Cultural Center, formerly The Tull Family Theater, is an independent, film-driven arts nonprofit located at 418 Walnut St. in Sewickley.

This content has been submitted by authors outside of this publisher and is not its editorial product. It could contain opinions, facts, and points of view that have not been reviewed or accepted by the publisher.