Sister Brigid Marie Grandey, SC, 89, entered eternal life at Caritas Christi, the motherhouse of the Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill in Greensburg, on July 25, 2024, in her 72nd year of religious life. Born in Rochester, PA, Sister Brigid Marie entered the congregation of the Sisters of Charity on Sept. 8, 1952, from Sacred Heart Parish, Shadyside. She was preceded in death by her parents, Richard and Marie Catherine (Joyce) Grandey; a brother, Richard R. Grandey; sister-in-law, Dorothy Durci Grandey; and a cousin, Sister Grace Hayes, SC. She is survived by cousins and her religious community. Sister Brigid Marie earned a bachelor's degree in English and history from Seton Hill University. She later earned three master's degrees: in English from the University of Arizona, in theology from Saint John's University, Collegeville, MN, and in education from Duquesne University. Sister Brigid Marie was a teacher and administrator in schools in the dioceses of Greensburg, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, and Tucson, as well as the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. She also taught at Seton Hill University. Her longest tenure was at Sacred Heart High School, where she taught for five years before returning as principal for seven years. Sister was assistant principal at Seton La-Salle High School for four years, after which she was named principal at Greensburg Central Catholic High School, a position she held for seven years. Following that, she ministered as an educational consultant for secondary schools in the Diocese of Pittsburgh and became the assistant superintendent for diocesan secondary schools. Throughout her years in ministry, Sister Brigid Marie often expressed her love for working with students and teachers. She was recognized as a Leading Lady by Oakland Catholic High School and received the Jim Palmer Award from Seton-LaSalle High School in recognition of her Christian values, servant leadership, and love of students. Sister Brigid Marie was committed to the needs and concerns of the Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill, as evidenced by her participation in many committees to promote the spiritual and temporal life of the congregation. She was elected to the congregation's Provincial Leadership Team as a councilor with responsibility for the administration of Caritas Christi, the motherhouse of the sisters, and for human resources. Reflecting on her life as a Sister of Charity, Sister Brigid Marie said, 'I've loved my work with students and teachers in high schools. I've loved my community and community life. I've had every opportunity to use my talents and gifts in serving others in the name of Christ. Thanks be to God for all I have received.' Rest in peace, Sister Brigid Marie, as you join St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and the Company of Charity in everlasting life. Family and friends will be received from 2 to 7 p.m. on Monday, July 29, at Caritas Christi, 129 DePaul Center Road, Greensburg, PA. A prayer vigil sharing memories in the Chapel of the Assumption will follow at 7 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial will be offered at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, July 30. Burial in the Sisters' Cemetery will immediately follow Mass. The funeral liturgy will be live-streamed; access through the link: https://venue.streamspot.com/2af9e1eb. Memorial contributions may be made to Sisters of Charity, DePaul Center, 144 DePaul Center Road, Greensburg, PA 15601. For more information, visit the website, www.scsh.org. To plant trees in memory, please visit the Sympathy Store.