A unique business recently opened in Sewickley, founded by a former building renovation TV star and her husband, a clothing mogul.

Leanne Ford of HGTV’s “Restored by the Fords” and “Home Again With the Fords” opened Pennsylvania’s first Buck Mason location, a high-end casual clothing store.

However, unlike the other 28 stores she designed for her husband, Erik Allen Ford (who took her last name), and his business partner Sasha Koehn, Sewickley is the first to add her home items and artwork.

Ford, who grew up in Upper St. Clair, moved with her family from Los Angeles to Sewickley three years ago.

They have been working on the new business for quite some time.

It is located at the former Pizza Roma along Beaver Street.

They gutted the space, exposed the ceiling and added new wide plank flooring, a new roof and siding.

“We insulated under the siding so we could have the industrial raw space on the inside,” Leanna Ford said. “In most projects, I usually figure out what can stay. In this, we did a total gut job. We took it down to its studs and less. It came out of a necessity to start over, but also we were creating a different experience in here.”

Most of the work at the estimated 2,000-square-foot shop was done by Williamson Construction of Peters Township.

Owner Jake Williamson said construction took about nine months. There were some hurdles to overcome.

“It was challenging with the existing materials,” he said. “With the structure of the building, you couldn’t attach anything to it.”

He called the finished place “phenomenal” and “more than I thought it would be.”

Erik Ford said the response has been tremendous since they opened the doors Oct. 21.

“The community has been so supportive,” he said. “I love this place. We love Sewickley so much. Somebody asked if we were going to do a friends and family event. Everyone’s your friends and family in Sewickley. Just open the doors.”

Not only can people get top-of-the-line men’s and women’s clothing, but everything from the shelving, display tables, books, candles, lighting and ceramics are for sale. There are complimentary beverages.

Leanne Ford said having everything available to customers helps prevent negative experiences.

“It was important to me that everything be for sale because when you go into a space and you like something and say, ‘How much is that?’ and they say, ‘It’s not for sale,’ that’s hard on me,” she said. “Everything can be put into your own home.”

People can also get all four volumes of Leanne’s art-centric magazine “Feel Free” and personal sketches at the store.

Leanne Ford said she is excited about investing in the borough and is involved with three other area businesses.

Many of the products at the Sewickley Buck Mason are made in America and about 40% of all Buck Mason clothing is made in a Pennsylvania factory in Mohnton.

Store manager Maddi Fischer lived in Austin, Texas. She has been with the company for seven months and uprooted her life to come to Allegheny County to manage the Sewickley location.

“This is an extremely special opportunity,” Fischer said. “It’s a new concept with (Leanne Ford Interiors) plus Buck Mason. It’s the first store to do this. Why wouldn’t I want to do it? Leanne Ford has also curated the Buck Mason stores. Having the ability to buy her home goods is a huge opportunity to show the world how they go together. … I want to continue to grow with this company.”

Pittsburgh natives Shenille Black and Tylar Kinkade were among the many people to check out the store in its opening months. They described the store as “palatial but cozy.”

“It’s definitely a different shopping experience than I’m used to in Pittsburgh,” Kinkade said. “It’s very welcoming. You can spend some time here. There’s no in and out. It is warm.”

Store hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.

Call 412-356-5919 or email help@buckmason.com for more information.

Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, mdivittorio@triblive.com or via Twitter .