Advertisement

Ad promo image large
  • Published Date

July 11, 2024
    This ad was originally published on this date and may contain an offer that is no longer valid. To learn more about this business and its most recent offers, click here.

Ad Text

Piatt Sotheby's INTERNATIONAL REALTY IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING BUYING OR SELLING A HOME IN THE SEWICKLEY AREA. CALL KATHE! Ask Kathe - Your Local Realtor® I DEAR KATHE, WE'RE FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS - WHERE DO WE BEGIN? (CONTINUED) For those of who just picking up the conversation today, check out my blog at www.askkathe.com to read my introduction to the home buying process. If you are following along, so far you have gotten pre-approved for your mortgage, researched and chosen a buyer's agent to be your advocate, and hopefully saved money for your down payment. Now the fun begins! Once you are pre-approved for a loan and have determined what price range you are comfortable shopping in, you can start your home search. Typically this begins with an online search-your buyer's agent should set you up to receive new properties as they become available. As interesting homes come on the market, you will want to tour them immediately. In most price ranges, we have an extreme shortage of inventory and those who snooze tend to lose. It is important to have seen enough properties upfront so that when you see the right one, you know it and are ready to make a move. When evaluating homes, it is also important to be realistic. There is no perfect home, so establish your list of criteria upfront. If a home achieves 7 out of 10 wish list items, in real estate we call that a home run. If you are going to hold out for all 10, a move is probably not in the cards for you in the short run. Once you find a home that works for you, in this market you do need to anticipate a bidding war is a realistic possibility. Interestingly even homes that have sat on the market for seemingly prolonged periods of time will often receive multiple offers, so do not delay in making an offer if you like a home. If there are multiple offers, do not assume you will get a second chance-work with your buyers offer to make the highest. "cleanest offer that you can out of the gate. Once you have a home under agreement and have deposited your hand money (anticipate 1%-5% of your purchase price depending on your price range), you will be ready to schedule your inspections. Next week I will talk more about inspections and how to get through them! ASK KATHE CAN ALSO BE READ AT WWW.ASKKATHE.COM Kathe Barge 25 ASSOCIATE BROKER JD, CRS, ABR. CNE. SRES 412.779.6060 (M)-412.939.7000 (0) kbarge piattir.com kathebarge.com Your Smart Choice for Real Estate For Wherever You Are, & Wherever You Want to Be Platt Sotheby's Kathe B AVAILABLE PROPERTIES 400 Centennial Avenue #8 SEWICKLEY - $2,475,000 The ultimate address for low-maintenance living in the heart of Sewickley Village, this stunning 2-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom second floor corner unit boasts impeccable craftsmanship and up scale finishes. With only 12 bespoke residences. seize this last opportunity to experience luxury living at its finest in Sewickley 879 Blackburn Road SEWICKLEY HEIGHTS - $5,900.000 Welcome to an extraordinary opportunity for the most discerning in the realm of luxury real estate. Perched on an elevated Sewickley Heights site, this 6.7 acre property is a rare fusion of history and future potential where you can build your dream residence 224 Orchard Lane EDGEWORTH $1.225.000 JUST SOLD! Say good-bye to the headaches of an older home! Only 27 years old, this custom all-brick Village home is pre-inspected and move-in ready. New roof 2023. Attached garage with bonus room above and convenient mudroom. Finished lower level. 5 beds. 4.5 baths. 415 Gardner Road HIDDEN VALLEY - $620,000 JUST SOLD! Discover the perfect mountain retreat at Hidden Valley Resort with this exceptional log cabin. Nestled amidst the breathtaking Forbes State Forest, this property offers direct access to miles of scenic hiking trails from the private back deck or the charming covered front porch Piatt Sotheby's INTERNATIONAL REALTY Selling Worldwide, Rooted in My Hometown With access to Sotheby's Global Referral & Relocation Network, I can help you find a home wherever life takes you. THE Robyn Jones GROUP J REAL ESTATE ADVISORS NOTHING COMPARES Robyn Jones REAL ESTATE ADVISOR 412.973.7277 (M) 412.939.7000 (0) rjones@piattsir.com Piatt Sotheby's International Realty 519 Broad Street. Sewickley, PA 15143 412.939.7000 (0) Each Office is Independently Owned and Operated. Piatt Sotheby's INTERNATIONAL REALTY IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING BUYING OR SELLING A HOME IN THE SEWICKLEY AREA . CALL KATHE ! Ask Kathe - Your Local Realtor® I DEAR KATHE , WE'RE FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS - WHERE DO WE BEGIN ? ( CONTINUED ) For those of who just picking up the conversation today , check out my blog at www.askkathe.com to read my introduction to the home buying process . If you are following along , so far you have gotten pre - approved for your mortgage , researched and chosen a buyer's agent to be your advocate , and hopefully saved money for your down payment . Now the fun begins ! Once you are pre - approved for a loan and have determined what price range you are comfortable shopping in , you can start your home search . Typically this begins with an online search - your buyer's agent should set you up to receive new properties as they become available . As interesting homes come on the market , you will want to tour them immediately . In most price ranges , we have an extreme shortage of inventory and those who snooze tend to lose . It is important to have seen enough properties upfront so that when you see the right one , you know it and are ready to make a move . When evaluating homes , it is also important to be realistic . There is no perfect home , so establish your list of criteria upfront . If a home achieves 7 out of 10 wish list items , in real estate we call that a home run . If you are going to hold out for all 10 , a move is probably not in the cards for you in the short run . Once you find a home that works for you , in this market you do need to anticipate a bidding war is a realistic possibility . Interestingly even homes that have sat on the market for seemingly prolonged periods of time will often receive multiple offers , so do not delay in making an offer if you like a home . If there are multiple offers , do not assume you will get a second chance - work with your buyers offer to make the highest . " cleanest offer that you can out of the gate . Once you have a home under agreement and have deposited your hand money ( anticipate 1 % -5 % of your purchase price depending on your price range ) , you will be ready to schedule your inspections . Next week I will talk more about inspections and how to get through them ! ASK KATHE CAN ALSO BE READ AT WWW.ASKKATHE.COM Kathe Barge 25 ASSOCIATE BROKER JD , CRS , ABR . CNE . SRES 412.779.6060 ( M ) -412.939.7000 ( 0 ) kbarge piattir.com kathebarge.com Your Smart Choice for Real Estate For Wherever You Are , & Wherever You Want to Be Platt Sotheby's Kathe B AVAILABLE PROPERTIES 400 Centennial Avenue # 8 SEWICKLEY - $ 2,475,000 The ultimate address for low - maintenance living in the heart of Sewickley Village , this stunning 2 - bedroom , 2.5 - bathroom second floor corner unit boasts impeccable craftsmanship and up scale finishes . With only 12 bespoke residences . seize this last opportunity to experience luxury living at its finest in Sewickley 879 Blackburn Road SEWICKLEY HEIGHTS - $ 5,900.000 Welcome to an extraordinary opportunity for the most discerning in the realm of luxury real estate . Perched on an elevated Sewickley Heights site , this 6.7 acre property is a rare fusion of history and future potential where you can build your dream residence 224 Orchard Lane EDGEWORTH $ 1.225.000 JUST SOLD ! Say good - bye to the headaches of an older home ! Only 27 years old , this custom all - brick Village home is pre - inspected and move - in ready . New roof 2023. Attached garage with bonus room above and convenient mudroom . Finished lower level . 5 beds . 4.5 baths . 415 Gardner Road HIDDEN VALLEY - $ 620,000 JUST SOLD ! Discover the perfect mountain retreat at Hidden Valley Resort with this exceptional log cabin . Nestled amidst the breathtaking Forbes State Forest , this property offers direct access to miles of scenic hiking trails from the private back deck or the charming covered front porch Piatt Sotheby's INTERNATIONAL REALTY Selling Worldwide , Rooted in My Hometown With access to Sotheby's Global Referral & Relocation Network , I can help you find a home wherever life takes you . THE Robyn Jones GROUP J REAL ESTATE ADVISORS NOTHING COMPARES Robyn Jones REAL ESTATE ADVISOR 412.973.7277 ( M ) 412.939.7000 ( 0 ) rjones@piattsir.com Piatt Sotheby's International Realty 519 Broad Street . Sewickley , PA 15143 412.939.7000 ( 0 ) Each Office is Independently Owned and Operated .