There is nothing like winning the Super Bowl.

A minuscule percentage of players earn the opportunity to play in the big game. Even fewer can hoist the Lombardi Trophy, and even fewer can do it twice.

As a two-time Super Bowl champion wide receiver for the Kansas City Chiefs, Skyy Moore wanted to give back to his hometown of New Kensington, where he played at Valley Middle School before transferring to Shady Side Academy.

“Working all your life, you know, playing little league football to middle school and high school, you play for the big game, so to be able to go to the big game twice, it means the world to me,” Moore said.

It was a sweltering 94 degrees, but that did not prevent Moore from hosting his third annual event to support the community of New Kensington on Saturday. The event, Summer Slam, was hosted at the Barnes Street Downtown Playground, which was opened within the last year.

To Moore, being able to support young members of the community is something he has cherished.

“I remember being their age. … So, just to grow up in a city like this knowing what football means to us, it means the world to give back to the community,” Moore said.

The event consisted of basketball games, free food and drinks donated by Wingstop and ZenWTR, food trucks and several raffles, including one where Moore is giving away tickets to the Chiefs-Steelers game on Christmas.

“All of our proceeds go towards Ar-Ken Youth Football. That’s where Skyy played football when he was younger,” Full Scope PR representative Des Primus said. “All the money that we get will go to little kids that want to follow their dreams and go play football.”

New Kensington Mayor Tom Guzzo was delighted Moore returned to New Kensington to provide children with a day of lighthearted activity.

“That’s just a tremendous attribute for a good young man like him to come here and let everybody look at his rings,” Guzzo said. “Those are exciting things for all these kids, and it lets you show that if you have a dream, if you really want to achieve it, and you work hard like Skyy has, you can achieve it.”

Aside from Saturday’s event, Moore has been putting in significant work over the offseason, seeking to overcome his late-season knee injury and earn a larger role with the Chiefs in a critical Year 3. He hopes to have a career year after amassing 43 receptions for 494 yards and one touchdown in his first two seasons in the league.

“I’ve been in Dallas and in Tampa trying to get down and connect with the quarterbacks, with Pat (Mahomes) and Chris Oladokun, and we’ve been getting after it, trying to beat the heat,” Moore said.

Moore also reiterated the importance of being a role model to the community.

“I take it serious. You know, it’s a responsibility. I know the youngs are looking at me. I want to give them something good to look at,” Moore said. “I want to give them something proud to look at, something they can hold on to like, ‘Oh, I see him do it. I can do it, too.’ Because I came from the same as them.”

Matthew Purucker is a TribLive staff writer. You can reach Matthew at mpurucker@triblive.com.