Quaker Valley School District will soon have a new top financial administrator.

The board recently approved the promotion of Brooke Baker to director of finance and operations.

She has served as the assistant director of finance and operations since July 2022.

Baker, a Baden resident, will take over for Scott Antoline, who will retire as finance department head in late June.

The transition is expected to start May 1.

“I am excited to continue my journey with Quaker Valley and look forward to contributing to the growth and success of this great district,” Baker said. “I am committed to building upon the strong foundation established within our team while also contributing to the continued financial health of the district.”

Baker earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting through Clarion University and is working on her master’s in school business leadership at Wilkes University.

She also worked as a payroll and benefits coordinator at Hopewell Area School District for five years and a business administrator for one year prior to joining Quaker Valley. Her prorated salary will be $136,000.

“Brooke Baker has been an integral part of our team since joining us,” Superintendent Tammy Andreyko said. “We are thrilled to see her advance her career and take the lead as the new director of finance and operations. She is a natural fit as she has built a vast knowledge of Quaker Valley’s finances. We look forward to seeing her begin her new role as she and Mr. Antoline transition their responsibilities this spring.”

Andreyko said Antoline and Baker successfully oversaw the department including transportation, accounts payable, payroll and more. has also frequently participated in board meetings when presenting audit findings and the annual operating budget.

“I couldn’t be happier to leave the district’s finances in Brooke’s hands,” Antoline said. “Having worked so closely with her over the past couple of years, I have no doubt that she will do great things. She is a star on the rise in the school business officials field and QV is lucky to have her.”

Antoline served as the district’s finance director for eight years.

The Brighton resident said he plans to spend more time with his wife, Cheryl, other friends and family.

“I have always advised others to retire as soon as you can to pursue work and life interests without a fixed schedule,” Antoline said. “I plan to do just that while spending time with and working for my family, friends and various community organizations — and maybe you will see me on the golf course more often.”

Michael DiVittorio is a TribLive reporter covering general news in Western Pennsylvania, with a penchant for festivals and food. He can be reached at mdivittorio@triblive.com.