Keith Harmon estimates he has more than 200 pounds of Lego bricks in his Penn Township home.

In February, the colorful toy bricks were put to use in a community Lego building event Harmon hosted at his church, First Presbyterian Church in Irwin.

“There’s not a lot of room to move (in my house),” Harmon joked. “I have Lego stuff pretty much anywhere you can imagine.”

Harmon started a Lego Club at the church and Level Green Elementary School, where his son is a first grade student. He was inspired to start the clubs because of his family’s enjoyable experience building with Legos at home.

Harmon gathered Lego donations from friends, family members and other families within the district. He reached out to community members selling Legos on Facebook Marketplace, many of whom agreed to give away the bricks free of charge.

Harmon plans to task the participants with themes to help guide their building at future meetings.

“I want them to be able to be creative and use their imagination,” Harmon said. “I want them to express themselves.”

The club will meet at Level Green Elementary from 6 to 7 p.m. on the last Tuesday of March and April, and Harmon hopes to revive the club next school year. To stay up to date with the club’s happenings, parents can visit Level Green Brick Builders on Facebook.

Dates and registration information for future building events at First Presbyterian Church can be found at First Presby Irwin Brick Squad on Facebook.

Quincey Reese is a TribLive reporter covering the Greensburg and Hempfield areas. She also does reporting for the Penn-Trafford Star. A Penn Township native, she joined the Trib in 2023 after working as a Jim Borden Scholarship intern at the company for two summers. She can be reached at qreese@triblive.com.