Advertisement

Ad promo image large
  • Published Date

November 24, 2021
    This ad was originally published on this date and may contain an offer that is no longer valid. To learn more about this business and its most recent offers, click here.

Ad Text

PAID ADVERTISEMENT Ligonier shines bright in winter holiday season, with classic charm and distinct shopping Holiday Happenings active street life. "I think having that is part of what makes us special." After lighting up the Diamond on Friday at 6:30 p.m., the borough and chamber will host a Gingerbread House Contest Dec. 3-12, a townwide open house Dec. 5, and the 31st annual Ligonier Ice Fest with more than 50 ice sculptures around town Jan. 22-23. Here is a list of holiday events in Ligonier Borough: During the holiday season, local businesses will also donate an item that is unveiled as part of a store- window display during "Light Up Ligonier." Raffle tickets are $2 and the items will be raffled on Dec. 28. Light Up Ligonier, 6:30 p.m., Nov. 26. Help count down to lighting up The Diamond, enjoy horse-drawn sleigh rides and a visit with Santa. Gingerbread House Contest, "There's just a lot of great traditions, and we didn't just make them up to get people to visit," Jarrell said. "We love them, and if people want to join in, that's great." Situated between Loyalhanna and Mill creeks, the borough already has the beauty of nature on its side, and an active chamber helps contribute to a vibrant business community. Dec. 3-12, create a gingerbread house or bid on your favorite. Donations will go to LV Meals on Wheels. Houses on On a day when the snow is falling, the drive from Greensburg to Ligonier is a picturesque tableau of Christmas imagery, as Route 30 winds along the babbling Loyalhanna Creek through the wintery woods. As visitors arrive in Ligonier Borough, the turn onto Route 711 opens up a well-lit lane, leading to the borough's centerpiece, the Diamond bandstand. It wouldn't be out of place in a Norman Rockwell Christmas painting, and Ligonier Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Amy Beitel said she regularly gets calls from people who've heard the borough's reputation as "a Hallmark holiday In fact, Ligonier was named among the top "Hallmark Christmas Towns" in a recent display in merchant shops. survey, coming in fourth, and in the company of Telluride, Colo., and Jackson, Wyo. As the holidays swing into high gear, the borough has plenty to offer both residents and visitors alike. Whether it is boutique shops that offer unique items not often found in other places, the quaint, walkable downtown area or the full slate of holiday events that kicks off Nov. 26 with "Light Up Ligonier," the community seemingly has something for Town-Wide Open House, noon to 5 p.m., Dec. 5. Enjoy Christmas carolers while shopping throughout downtown. That includes the dedication of large group of volunteers, without whom the chamber's many holiday events wouldn't be possible. 31st Annual Ligonier Ice Fest, Jan 22-23. Grab a warm drink and admire From teenage volunteers who help decorate the Diamond, to Ligonier football players helping out recently with work at Ligonier Beach, "I think they learn from the adults they see doing it," Beitel said. "And I know who I can call on for the different things we do that require volunteers." Jarrell agreed. more than 50 ice sculptures placed around the downtown area. Free Holiday Parking. Free parking everyone. Chamber marketing committee chair Bryan Jarrell sees Ligonier as a national treasure. "When I each Saturday between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sponsored by Elek Wealth Management and Ligonier movie town come to life." "There are just so many great reasons that Ligonier is a was younger, everyone wanted to wonderful place to do some holiday go somewhere a little more urban, shopping," Beitel said. "I think the building these livable, walkable communities, But I've had people visit from Brooklyn and say, "Wow, this is the type of thing people are moving to Williamsburg for,' " he said, referring to the popular Brooklyn neighborhood with an "The volunteerism here is off the charts," he said. "There's a sense that everyone chips in because they're interested in preserving what makes Ligonier, Ligonier." Borough. For more, see Ligonier.com or call the chamber at bandstand is the heart and soul of the town. Year-round, you can see so many people coming there for different reasons. My family gets our annual holiday photo taken there." The Ligonier Chamber of Commerce provides a complete guide at ligonier.com. 724-238-4200. PAID ADVERTISEMENT Ligonier shines bright in winter holiday season, with classic charm and distinct shopping Holiday Happenings active street life. "I think having that is part of what makes us special." After lighting up the Diamond on Friday at 6:30 p.m., the borough and chamber will host a Gingerbread House Contest Dec. 3-12, a townwide open house Dec. 5, and the 31st annual Ligonier Ice Fest with more than 50 ice sculptures around town Jan. 22-23. Here is a list of holiday events in Ligonier Borough: During the holiday season, local businesses will also donate an item that is unveiled as part of a store- window display during "Light Up Ligonier." Raffle tickets are $2 and the items will be raffled on Dec. 28. Light Up Ligonier, 6:30 p.m., Nov. 26. Help count down to lighting up The Diamond, enjoy horse-drawn sleigh rides and a visit with Santa. Gingerbread House Contest, "There's just a lot of great traditions, and we didn't just make them up to get people to visit," Jarrell said. "We love them, and if people want to join in, that's great." Situated between Loyalhanna and Mill creeks, the borough already has the beauty of nature on its side, and an active chamber helps contribute to a vibrant business community. Dec. 3-12, create a gingerbread house or bid on your favorite. Donations will go to LV Meals on Wheels. Houses on On a day when the snow is falling, the drive from Greensburg to Ligonier is a picturesque tableau of Christmas imagery, as Route 30 winds along the babbling Loyalhanna Creek through the wintery woods. As visitors arrive in Ligonier Borough, the turn onto Route 711 opens up a well-lit lane, leading to the borough's centerpiece, the Diamond bandstand. It wouldn't be out of place in a Norman Rockwell Christmas painting, and Ligonier Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Amy Beitel said she regularly gets calls from people who've heard the borough's reputation as "a Hallmark holiday In fact, Ligonier was named among the top "Hallmark Christmas Towns" in a recent display in merchant shops. survey, coming in fourth, and in the company of Telluride, Colo., and Jackson, Wyo. As the holidays swing into high gear, the borough has plenty to offer both residents and visitors alike. Whether it is boutique shops that offer unique items not often found in other places, the quaint, walkable downtown area or the full slate of holiday events that kicks off Nov. 26 with "Light Up Ligonier," the community seemingly has something for Town-Wide Open House, noon to 5 p.m., Dec. 5. Enjoy Christmas carolers while shopping throughout downtown. That includes the dedication of large group of volunteers, without whom the chamber's many holiday events wouldn't be possible. 31st Annual Ligonier Ice Fest, Jan 22-23. Grab a warm drink and admire From teenage volunteers who help decorate the Diamond, to Ligonier football players helping out recently with work at Ligonier Beach, "I think they learn from the adults they see doing it," Beitel said. "And I know who I can call on for the different things we do that require volunteers." Jarrell agreed. more than 50 ice sculptures placed around the downtown area. Free Holiday Parking. Free parking everyone. Chamber marketing committee chair Bryan Jarrell sees Ligonier as a national treasure. "When I each Saturday between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sponsored by Elek Wealth Management and Ligonier movie town come to life." "There are just so many great reasons that Ligonier is a was younger, everyone wanted to wonderful place to do some holiday go somewhere a little more urban, shopping," Beitel said. "I think the building these livable, walkable communities, But I've had people visit from Brooklyn and say, "Wow, this is the type of thing people are moving to Williamsburg for,' " he said, referring to the popular Brooklyn neighborhood with an "The volunteerism here is off the charts," he said. "There's a sense that everyone chips in because they're interested in preserving what makes Ligonier, Ligonier." Borough. For more, see Ligonier.com or call the chamber at bandstand is the heart and soul of the town. Year-round, you can see so many people coming there for different reasons. My family gets our annual holiday photo taken there." The Ligonier Chamber of Commerce provides a complete guide at ligonier.com. 724-238-4200.

Business Info

Digital Offer