A fashion-themed fundraiser proved to be a perfect fit for Christ the Divine Teacher Catholic Academy in Aspinwall.

The school hosted the 2023 Sip & Style Fashion Fundraiser May 7 at the Pittsburgh Field Club in Fox Chapel.

6187545_web1_her-fundraiseraspinwall-051823-4
Joyce Hanz | Tribune-Review
The 2023 Sip & Style Fashion Fundraiser supporting Christ the Divine Teacher Catholic Academy in Aspinwall was held on May 7 at the Pittsburgh Field Club in Fox Chapel.

The event drew more than 200 people and raised more than $35,000.

Co-organizers Jayna Varley-Ifft and Lauren Shepherd were hoping to raise $20,000.

“It was an exceptional success. We sold out. Thanks to amazing vendor partners and more than 45 corporate and family donors. We’re beyond grateful for the outpouring of support from our entire community and look forward to seeing everyone next year on May 5 for Sip & Style 2024,” Shepherd said.

6187545_web1_her-fundraiseraspinwall-051823-7
Joyce Hanz | Tribune-Review
Erin Bonner models during the 2023 Sip & Style Fashion Fundraiser held May 7 at the Pittsburgh Field Club.

Guest were treated to a fashion show, buffet lunch, a silent auction and shopping opportunities at 15 pop-up fashion booths from area women-owned boutiques.

“The vendors have all reached out to me to express how much of a success the event was, and they can’t wait for next year,” Shepherd said.

SoSo Trendy Women’s Boutique owner Summer Wise was a first time participant at Sip & Style.

SoSo Trendy has locations in Hermitage and Canonsburg.

“The participation there was great. Everyone was shopping and all of the vendors complimented one another and all had something different to offer. I already told the girls I’m in next year.”

The keynote speaker was Matthew Petnuch, board president of the North Hills Regional Catholic Schools.

The fashion show featured styles from So Me, Groove On, Jo Jo shoes, The Sol Collective, SoSo Trendy and Brooks Diamonds and was anchored by One Brilliant of Aspinwall. One Brilliant Owner Erica Miller hosted the show.

CDTCA is a nonprofit founded in 1925 serving an enrollment of about 200 students in grades K-8. The school is completely dependent on tuition and private philanthropy.

Joyce Hanz is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Joyce by email at jhanz@triblive.com or via Twitter .