Advertisement

Ad promo image large
  • Published Date

July 25, 2024
    This ad was originally published on this date and may contain an offer that is no longer valid. To learn more about this business and its most recent offers, click here.

Ad Text

Piatt Sotheby's INTERNATIONAL REALTY IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING BUYING OR SELLING A HOME IN THE SEWICKLEY AREA. CALL KATHE! Ask Kathe - Your Local Realtor® I DEAR KATHE. WE'RE FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS - WHERE DO WE BEGIN? (CONTINUED) For those of who just picking up the conversation today, check out my blog at www.askkathe.com to read the prior articles in this series. If you are following along, so far you have gotten pre-approved for your mortgage, researched and chosen a buyer's agent to be your advocate, saved money for your down payment, shopped for a home and gotten one under agreement. Once you have a home under agreement and have deposited your hand money, you will be ready to schedule your inspections. Your buyer's agent should provide you with guidance in finding reputable home inspectors. You will want to consider scheduling a general home inspection as well as inspections for radon, wood boring insects (termites), mold, and possibly sewer lines septic systems and wells. You generally have 10-14 days to complete your inspections. At the end of that period, you will need to make a request of the seller if you would like any items addressed. To reach a successful conclusion of negotiations keep in mind-you should have considered anything on the disclosure when you were making the offer. So, when deciding what to request of the seller, eliminate disclosed items and things you noticed when visiting the home, and turn your focus to the items that concern you most. If there were multiple offers, you may not be able to ask for much, as there is likely another buyer on standby! Ultimately, you and your seller will need to reach a compromise on the inspection issues. That agreement will be formalized in a written addendum to your Agreement of Sale At the same time you are working through inspections, you will also need to make application for your financing. This must be complete (in other words-have all of your paperwork to your lender) within 7 days of the final Agreement of Sale. Applying for a mortgage these days can seem quite challenging-be prepared for the lender to ask for a mountain of documents. Do NOT make any major purchase until after you close on your home-changes to your outstanding debt at this point could affect your ability to qualify for a loan at all. Once you get through inspections and mortgage application, it should be smooth sailing We will cover the final step in the process next time! ASK KATHE CAN ALSO BE READ AT WWW.ASKKATHE.COM Kathe Barge 25 ASSOCIATE BROKER JD, CRS, ABR, CNE, SRES 412.779.6060 (M)-412939.7000 (0) kbarge@pattsir com - kathebarge.com Your Smart Choice for Real Estate For Wherever You Are, & Wherever You Want to Be Kathe B Platt Sotheby's AVAILABLE PROPERTIES 879 Blackburn Road SEWICKLEY HEIGHTS - $5.900.000 Welcome to an extraordinary opportunity for the most discerning in the realm of luxury real estate. Perched on an elevated Sewickley Heights site, this 6.7 acre property is a rare fusion of history and future potential where you can build your dream residence 215 Frederick Avenue SEWICKLEY VILLAGE $698,000 Discover the allure of 215 Frederick Avenue in Sewickley Village. From the inviting porch to the stylish kitchen, this thoughtfully designed home strikes the ideal balance between modern living and classic charm. 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths. 1-car garage. 47 Woodland Road SEWICKLEY $2.500.000 Privacy in Sewickley Village? Almost unheard of, but this 3.8-acre estate offers just that. This landmark 1905 Sewickley Village home is ready for its next chapter. Create your own dream home at this exclusive property. JUST SOLDI 1608 Bradsberry Lane BELL ACRES $1.195.000 15.9 acres of gently rolling, partially wooded acreage with a newer arts and crafts style home. offering 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, walk-out lower level, covered front porch, open floorplan Onsite pond, room for horses. The epitome of privacy, Geothermal HVAC systems. NOTHING COMPARES. B Q Piatt Sotheby's INTERNATIONAL REALTY The Experience You Deserve Having been born and raised in Sewickley, my 10-year tenure in the Greater Pittsburgh Real Estate Market has enabled me to consistently deliver dream results to my clients - earning me a regular place among the top 1% of local agents. BEST REALTOR IN SEWICKLEY 6 Years in a Row Voted by Readers of the Tribune-Review RING OF EXCELLENCE 2015-2022 Realtor Association Of Pittsburgh OUTSTANDING SERVICE AWARD Ramp Awards Pittsburgh Magazine Over $34 Million in Sales per Year VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR MORE! Robyn Jones REAL ESTATE ADVISOR 412.973.7277 (M) 412.939.7000 (0) rjones@piattsir.com THE Robyn Jones GROUP J REAL ESTATE ADVISORS Platt Sotheby's International Realty 519 Broad Street. Sewickley, PA 15143 412.939.7000 (0) Each Office is Independently Owned and Operated. adno 341095 Piatt Sotheby's INTERNATIONAL REALTY IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING BUYING OR SELLING A HOME IN THE SEWICKLEY AREA . CALL KATHE ! Ask Kathe - Your Local Realtor® I DEAR KATHE . WE'RE FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS - WHERE DO WE BEGIN ? ( CONTINUED ) For those of who just picking up the conversation today , check out my blog at www.askkathe.com to read the prior articles in this series . If you are following along , so far you have gotten pre - approved for your mortgage , researched and chosen a buyer's agent to be your advocate , saved money for your down payment , shopped for a home and gotten one under agreement . Once you have a home under agreement and have deposited your hand money , you will be ready to schedule your inspections . Your buyer's agent should provide you with guidance in finding reputable home inspectors . You will want to consider scheduling a general home inspection as well as inspections for radon , wood boring insects ( termites ) , mold , and possibly sewer lines septic systems and wells . You generally have 10-14 days to complete your inspections . At the end of that period , you will need to make a request of the seller if you would like any items addressed . To reach a successful conclusion of negotiations keep in mind - you should have considered anything on the disclosure when you were making the offer . So , when deciding what to request of the seller , eliminate disclosed items and things you noticed when visiting the home , and turn your focus to the items that concern you most . If there were multiple offers , you may not be able to ask for much , as there is likely another buyer on standby ! Ultimately , you and your seller will need to reach a compromise on the inspection issues . That agreement will be formalized in a written addendum to your Agreement of Sale At the same time you are working through inspections , you will also need to make application for your financing . This must be complete ( in other words - have all of your paperwork to your lender ) within 7 days of the final Agreement of Sale . Applying for a mortgage these days can seem quite challenging - be prepared for the lender to ask for a mountain of documents . Do NOT make any major purchase until after you close on your home - changes to your outstanding debt at this point could affect your ability to qualify for a loan at all . Once you get through inspections and mortgage application , it should be smooth sailing We will cover the final step in the process next time ! ASK KATHE CAN ALSO BE READ AT WWW.ASKKATHE.COM Kathe Barge 25 ASSOCIATE BROKER JD , CRS , ABR , CNE , SRES 412.779.6060 ( M ) -412939.7000 ( 0 ) kbarge @ pattsir com - kathebarge.com Your Smart Choice for Real Estate For Wherever You Are , & Wherever You Want to Be Kathe B Platt Sotheby's AVAILABLE PROPERTIES 879 Blackburn Road SEWICKLEY HEIGHTS - $ 5.900.000 Welcome to an extraordinary opportunity for the most discerning in the realm of luxury real estate . Perched on an elevated Sewickley Heights site , this 6.7 acre property is a rare fusion of history and future potential where you can build your dream residence 215 Frederick Avenue SEWICKLEY VILLAGE $ 698,000 Discover the allure of 215 Frederick Avenue in Sewickley Village . From the inviting porch to the stylish kitchen , this thoughtfully designed home strikes the ideal balance between modern living and classic charm . 3 bedrooms , 2.5 baths . 1 - car garage . 47 Woodland Road SEWICKLEY $ 2.500.000 Privacy in Sewickley Village ? Almost unheard of , but this 3.8 - acre estate offers just that . This landmark 1905 Sewickley Village home is ready for its next chapter . Create your own dream home at this exclusive property . JUST SOLDI 1608 Bradsberry Lane BELL ACRES $ 1.195.000 15.9 acres of gently rolling , partially wooded acreage with a newer arts and crafts style home . offering 4 bedrooms , 3.5 baths , walk - out lower level , covered front porch , open floorplan Onsite pond , room for horses . The epitome of privacy , Geothermal HVAC systems . NOTHING COMPARES . B Q Piatt Sotheby's INTERNATIONAL REALTY The Experience You Deserve Having been born and raised in Sewickley , my 10 - year tenure in the Greater Pittsburgh Real Estate Market has enabled me to consistently deliver dream results to my clients - earning me a regular place among the top 1 % of local agents . BEST REALTOR IN SEWICKLEY 6 Years in a Row Voted by Readers of the Tribune - Review RING OF EXCELLENCE 2015-2022 Realtor Association Of Pittsburgh OUTSTANDING SERVICE AWARD Ramp Awards Pittsburgh Magazine Over $ 34 Million in Sales per Year VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR MORE ! Robyn Jones REAL ESTATE ADVISOR 412.973.7277 ( M ) 412.939.7000 ( 0 ) rjones@piattsir.com THE Robyn Jones GROUP J REAL ESTATE ADVISORS Platt Sotheby's International Realty 519 Broad Street . Sewickley , PA 15143 412.939.7000 ( 0 ) Each Office is Independently Owned and Operated . adno 341095